Try your hand at making Dad something special for Breekie this Father's Day.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 300g bacon strips (cut half in slices)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 pinches (generous) salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled (plus more for pan if needed)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- crumbled cooked bacon
- whiskey maple syrup , topping
- Southern Sweeties Jack Daniel Tennesse Honey ice cream, topping
- Cook bacon on medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon and leave grease in the frying pan.
- Mix flour in a large bowl with sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with buttermilk, bacon pieces, butter and vanilla. Slowly pour and whisk into flour mixture. A few lumps are OK; don’t overmix.
- Set large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a little butter. When hot, pour a 1/4 cup batter into pan. Sprinkle tops with crumbled bacon.
- Cook until pancake is bubbling on top and golden on underside, 2 to 5 min. Flip and continue to cook until golden on both sides, 2 to 4 min. Do not press. When pancakes are done, prepare your whiskey syrup. Use one part Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey to every 3 parts maple syrup. Heat on oven until simmering. Pour over pancakes.
- Serve with two scoops of our Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey ice cream